Saturday, March 9, 2013

CLAN

Despite my undeniable love for all things artistic (mainly fashion) I was once lacking in the acknowledgement department regarding my fellow designers. Having the opportunity to work alongside and help these designers anyway I could backstage during fashion shows opened my eyes to see how creative each and every one of them are. I have come to a point in which I am constantly on Twitter, Facebook, even Tumblr catching up with the likes of CLAN, Republic of Foreigner and Jewel By Lisa.
CLAN being my favourite of the bunch primarily because of the youthful spirit that comes with each and every design; from the cut to the models comes a sense of freeness that every woman can embody when wearing their line. The collections are never too crazy to the point that they can only be worn on A-list celebrities.

"We don't want women to say, 'Oh my god, what a spectacular show! It would look so great on that actress.' We want women to find the clothes so beautiful that they want to wear them themselves" spoken by Marc Jacobs. I feel like this is exactly what CLAN takes into consideration when creating a new collection. The line is for any and everyone not just a set of 'important' people under the limelight.

Here are some of my favourite looks worn by the designer herself, Teni Sagoe:







Like CLAN on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment