Friday, April 12, 2013

The Great Gatsby


I think I might have attempted to read The Great Gatsby about 5 times and have never managed to get passed the first chapter or two, but after seeing the trailer for the movie I can't help but feel like I've been missing out. I've always been one to say that the book always ends up being better than the movie (The Notebook being the only exception) and so I feel like it is my duty to read the book no matter how difficult I find the vocabulary lol.

The book is set in Long Shore Island and NYC in the Summer of 1922 (the year of cloche hats, flapper dresses, and elegant beading). Think of hazy days on neatly cut grass, woman in long gowns hand in hand with men in well starched suits and you get The Great Gatsby.
I honestly can't wait for this movie to come out, I mean Carey Mulligan + Leonardo DiCaprio = match made in heaven. Not to mention Lana Del Rey + Beyonce + Florence Welch on the soundtrack.. could things get any better? I'm in-patiently waiting !

-Zoe
p.s. It debuts May 10th 2013 ! 

Click to see some photos ! 









No comments:

Post a Comment