Saturday, March 30, 2013

You Haven't Finished Painting

Now while I know the title of this post is as vague as ever, it is the first thing that comes to mind when I see dungarees. I remember sporting them at the tender age of 6 for comfort and not for the thought of it being in-fashion. They were denim with silver buckles on the straps finished off with Blues Clues' face smack dab in the middle.

Then I became 10 and dungarees just weren't appealing anymore, I felt as if I was about to fulfill my duty as a painter and so.. bye-bye Blues Clues.
At last came the earlier stages of being a teenager, where dungarees were still not in style in my mind but the straps were. I remember seeing a pair of black dungaree straps that you just snap onto your shorts in Hot Topic and wanting them so bad, and sure enough, I got them. Where are they now you ask? Collecting dust in the back of my closet.

I thought that would be the last time I would see any aspect of dungarees, but oh how wrong I was. Here they are again, back to haunt me.. and just like 6 year old me, I'm lovin' them! Seeing people  making it there own.. it makes me wish I had a pair! So I just wanted to give a warm welcome back to the dungarees.

Click to see more photos.




Alexa Chung keeps it simple with a black lace sweater


Geek-chic. I like the pairing of glittery oxfords and a pop of colour with the socks.


I love this punk look, can barely see the dungarees with the loud top but I still love. 


Miroslava Duma sports this trend with her leather dungarees


-Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment