Monday, January 20, 2014

We The People of the Diaspora-Black Culture Exploration

It's safe to say if you follow me on any social platform, you know I am an art enthusiast. I am not really into the actually making of art but rather the finished product (I have two 'left hands', it's appalling).

I enjoy rummaging through the bins of Tumblr to find idiosyncratic art, and some time ago I stumbled across multi-talented artist, Jamilla Okubo. I came across one of her illustrations that I now know to be an illustration from her series "We The People of the Diaspora- Black Culture Exploration". The series explores African-American culture through the medium of fashion and prints. I can't tell you how much I love these illustrations, and how I'm looking forward to buying my tote bag from her store once I get some bills in my pocket!

-Zoe

 || SHOP || BLOG || WEBSITE ||












No comments:

Post a Comment