Saturday, May 31, 2014

Township Resolution




There have been a lack of posts due to exams (our sincerest apologies), but Summer has embraced us with arms wide open, so we are here to stay.
Once again, I was scrolling through my Tumblr dashboard when I was graced with images from a photo shoot titled "Township Resolution". Not only did I love the layout of the photos but the idea behind it. "Township Resolution" is a collaboration between stylist and image maker Gracie Wales Bonner and photographer Dexter Lander, the idea of the shoot was to recreate a 'virtual township' around Ridley Road Market. Gracie was inspired by her trip to Ghana where she experienced the slow loading internet (which I am all too familiar with) and the distortions that appeared on her screen. She translated her inspiration into the background of the photos, which made for a very avant-garde shoot. 

- Zoe












Model: Edwin Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment