Sunday, February 24, 2013

Volt Project

I know I said the next post would be the items I will be selling, but over the weekend us volt club members went to Itedo Primary School in Lekki to paint the school and bond with the students. I wasn't sure what I expected going there but the school was in a very bad state, and also rather small. I was so glad I was able to do something for someone that couldn't repay me.. it felt good. WE (including the students of the school) painted the doors, windows and cleaned up a little bit, we brought a  bunch of snacks to share with them and it was great just to see the smiles on their faces.

All these kids were amazing and just kept on smiling. My helper, Buba was determined to finish painting; when a friend, Adam said we should have a break (after painting one window) Buba simply laughed at his laziness and said "Ahn, stop? why? we have not done anything yet".
They definitely made the day go by faster, but one girl in particular, Hawa caught my eye. She didn't talk much, infact, now thinking about it, I didn't hear her speak at all.. she is very very pretty. I honestly think she is going to grow up to be a stunning tall and slim lady. She definitely has some model potential looks wise.. I want to take her away and take her under my wing..

Maybe when I'm older I'll go back to that area and take her away once and for all..
Overall, it was a sunny day, both in the sky and in those children's hearts

- Zoe

P.S. if you want to see pictures from the actual trip check cissinc

Hawa

2 comments: